Community outreach is a Kearney & Company priority—a constant effort that we consider a duty to our community, to which we owe so many of our successes. We believe that as a corporate citizen, Kearney should always participate in and contribute to greater causes beyond our specific mission. Community assistance is directly coordinated by Kearney's Community Service Committee, which consists of more than 20 of our employees who actively organize community service ventures on behalf of Kearney & Company on a regular basis.
The Kearney & Company Community Service Committee's mission and goals are reflective of our corporate vision of community involvement—
Mission: To continue serving as a corporate citizen that supports local, national, and global causes.
- Use the skills and strengths of the community to give back to the community
- Spread the Kearney & Company name
- Meet other Kearney & Company employees through our efforts
- Give back to the community in a hands-on way
- Get to know local community organizations
- Involve company employees, as well as their family members, to fuel a collaborative spirit
- Keep events/organizations diverse.
Not only have we monetarily contributed to over 30 organizations in 2012, we also actively participated in events and initiatives that clearly enforce our commitment to corporate citizenry. Kearney & Company has directly contributed to organizations such as the Special Olympics, AFFIRM Scholarship Foundation, Military Order of the Purple Heart, the Tiger Woods Foundation, the March of Dimes, and a great deal of other national community groups. Our Community Service Committee has organized participatory actions for foundations such as the yearly Komen Race for the Cure in D.C., Haiti volunteer work for Food for the Poor, and a summer-long fundraising competition that benefitted the Fisher House.